Laser Hair Removal Aftercare:
Your skin will be very sensitive for the next 48 hours, therefore:
1) Please wear loose and cotton clothing for the next 48 hours after the treatment.
2) It is advised to head home after the treatment to take a very short shower with lukewarm water in order to get rid of the gel and anything that has remained on your skin after treatment.
3) In the next 48 hours, after showering, moisturize your skin using a simple fragrance-free moisturizer, especially during the winter and cooler
4) Please use sunscreen over the espoused skin areas, regularly for the first 4 weeks (summer and winter) after the treatment.
5) Avoid heavy weight training or exercising, swimming, sauna, Jacuzzi for the next 48 hours.
6) Avoid sunbathing and tanning for at least 1 week after treatment.
Laser Tattoo Removal Aftercare:
1) Take off the bandage after 2 hours.
2) For the next 48 hours after the procedure, during showering, avoid
putting anything on the area except water
3) Wear cotton material/clothing specifically in areas affected by the treatment
4) Avoid putting pressure on the treated area such as belts, tie, straps and etc. for the first 2 days after the treatment.
5) Keep the treated area clean and let it air dry
6) If you have excessive sensation or redness, you could use Polysporin® for 2 days. If the conditions persist, please visit/contact your physician.
7) Bleeding for about 10-15 minutes after the treatment and/or formation of scabs or blisters after 4-5 days post treatment is normal.
8) Your next session will be scheduled depending on the time that your body requires to reabsorb the damaged ink particles.
Skin Rejuvenation Treatments Aftercare (Thermage and Laser and HIFU):
1) Wash your face with cool water and gently pat to dry.
2) Please keep the special cream that consist of sunscreen and moisturizers on your skin for the next 2 hours.
3) In the next 48 hours after the treatment: keep your showering time under 10 minutes and use lukewarm water.
4) For the next 48 hours after the treatment: it is advised to use one type of simple and fragrance-free moisturizer frequently throughout the day and night.
5) For the next 48 hours after the treatment: avoid using makeup products on the treated area.
6) Please put on sunscreen before leaving the house. Make sure it has both UVA and UVB protection (during summer: SPF 60, and during winter: SPF 35-40).
7) Avoid heavy weight training or exercising, swimming, sauna, Jacuzzi for the first 48 hours.
8) Avoid coming in contact with heat sources (such as oven, fireplace, heater, and etc.) for the first 48 hours.
9) Avoid sunbathing and tanning for at least 4 weeks.
10) You can use your normal skin care products after 48 hours post treatment, however, be careful that your skin does not become dry.
(Please Consider Your Medical Condition!)
• Drink plenty of water, at least 8 cups a day! • Herbal teas & remedies, especially fiber, can help you maintain your desired weight! Ask the technician!
• No creams, oils, or lotions on the treatment area before or after!
• Exercise as much as possible!
• You should not rely solely on the machine to lose weight. Be realistic!
• Dieting is essential to losing weight. • If you want to know more about diet plans that are based on your hormonal balance and metabolism, you could book a free appointment with Dr. Neda Moeini, ND with years of experience in this area.
• To determine how many sessions you may need, we can perform a test called Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA). Please refer to our website or ask the technician for more information.
Mesotherapy After Care
After enduring a Mesotherapy treatment, there are many best practices to follow to ensure a healthy and proper recovery process. Best practices include:
- Be aware that small wounds from the injections are normal. These wounds will appear after the procedure and will take some time to heal completely
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 2 to 3 days after treatment
- Avoid all contact with water within the first 10 hours after treatment (Ex. swimming and showering). The injection site should remain dry
- Avoid saunas and steam rooms for 72 hours
- Do not massage the area of injection until the wounds completely heal
- Avoid washing your hair for 3 to 4 days. Hair-washing products and water can delay the healing process
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 72 hours.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for 24 hours.
Dermal Filler & Botox After Care
After you have received a dermal filler or Botox treatment, it’s best to relax for the rest of the day. You should also avoid touching the treatment areas for at least six hours and after this, you are free to wash your skin with water and a gentle cleanser.
What to Avoid:
- Avoid exposure to intense heat after treatment (For example, the sauna or solarium)
- Avoid alcohol consumption for the next 24 hours
- Avoiding placing pressure on the treated area for the first few nights. This includes touching, rubbing, and it may require adjusting your sleeping position
- Excessive exercise should be avoided (48 hours for dermal fillers and 24 hours for Botox)
- Retinol, Vitamin C, and AHA should be avoided for 48 hours
- Avoid facial waxing
- Facials and Glycolic or AHA peels should be avoided
- Microdermabrasion and IPL or energy-based treatments should be avoided for two weeks after the treatment date
Pain Relief – Treatment areas like the lips and chin can be extremely painful after treatment. If so, medication such as paracetamol can be taken to help subdue the pain levels
Swelling Relief – AVOID placing ice directly on your skin, instead apply a cool compress for 10 minutes every hour on the day of treatment as needed. A cool compress will significantly relieve the amount of swelling
Bruising Relief – Clients who have taken aspirin, fish oil, or other medications at the time of treatment will notice a significant amount of additional bruising. To avoid this, inform the healthcare professional of all the medications you are taking
Skin Tag Removal After Care
After having a skin tag removed from the body, there are several follow-up steps that one should follow to ensure a safe recovery. Steps include:
- After treatment, our healthcare professionals will apply a wound dressing over the treatment site. At this time, they will also inform you of when you can remove it (This could be in 2 hours or 1 day – it depends on the specific skin tag).
- When it’s time to remove the dressing, you will notice that a scab has formed at the removal site. DO NOT PICK AT THIS. If the scab is picked, the wound will reopen, and the chance of infection will increase.
- Once you have removed the dressing, you will want to keep the area around the removal site clean to promote proper healing. To do this, you can clean the area with water and soap and gently pat around the removal site with a paper towel. This can be done once or twice a day.
- NOTE: Soaps that contain alcohol, iodine, peroxide, or other harsh chemicals should be avoided at this time so that proper healing measures can take place.
- A health care professional may recommend at this time an antibiotic ointment like Polysporin for preventing of Infection or Cicabio for faster healing process.
- Pain relief medication can be taken as needed to manage any discomfort but pain should resolve on its own fairly quickly.