Male and female pattern baldness (e.g.: Androgenic alopecia) is a condition affecting 50% of men over 40 and 75% of ladies over 65 according to researchers. That’s why you want to look for an effective and modern approach to dealing with hair loss such as LLLT.
What Is It?
This procedure is an FDA approved and non surgical treatment for treating hair loss. It utilizes red or near Infrared radiation. It is a completely pain-free approach and doesn’t cause burns as the laser diodes employed. It uses wave lengths of just 630 to 670nm (nanometers).
Do Lasers Really Regrow Hair?
Yes. It is a safe and effective method for both male and female who are suffering from baldness.
First studies on men who have androgenic alopecia can experience a great increase in mean terminal hair density as a result of laser treatment.
On the other hand women who are experiencing female pattern hair loss may also find laser treatment quite useful. Nearly 87.5% of female patients saw a significant improvement in both hair density and thickness.
Laser Hair Regrowth Treatment Cost
Depending on what kind of LLLT procedure you go for, the cost can vary between $50-100 for every session.
Side Effects of LLLT:
Until now there are no particular studies or any scientific data to suggest any type of short term or long term side effects. However there are certain safety concerns, which are:
- Eye protection with special kind of protection glass.
- Sometimes after treatments you may experience a pruritus in the scalp. However, this issue will disappear within two hours and it originates from increasing blood circulation in the treated area.
Mechanism of Action
The main mechanism involving stimulating the epidermal stem cells is located in the follicles of your hair. The optimum effects depend on many factors:
- The wavelength of the laser
- It’s power density
- It’s pulse and timing
This makes picking the right aestheticians center even more important.
The first study was performed on mice in 1960 and now the scientists believe that LLLT increases hair follicles blood circulation at amicro level. This increased circulation can be helpful for encouraging hair follicles to produce hair growth even if they were unable to before, through this gentle stimulation.
In Office Treatments vs. Home Devices
Compared to handheld devices that can be used at home, these machines provide significantly more laser power. They usually feature several panels with 100 or more laser diodes to treat various areas of the scalp at one time.
What Are the LLLT Benefits?
- The laser treatment for hair growth side effects is virtually less than other treatments. This makes it very popular, compared to more intensive surgeries and treatments.
- It is not only about new hair growth, but also improves the appearance and strength of existing hair.
- The majority of patients experience a lower frequency of hair
loss following treatments.
Who is not a perfect candidate for LLLT?
This can include:
- Pregnant woman
- Alopecia during chemotherapy treatments (after finishing they could start LLLT)
- Scalp active skin problems, such as acute infection or acute eczema
How Should I Start?
The best option is to call us at Ava Laser Clinic and book your complementary consultation appointment. The treatment plan will be based on your specific problem.