What is Botox?
Botox is a special treatment that can help with certain medical conditions as well as help with improving desired cosmetic appearances. Botox injections are considered to be safe when an experienced and professional healthcare worker is performing the treatment.
Essentially, Botox works by paralyzing muscles through an injectable drug. The drug used is produced by the bacterium of Clostridium botulinum. Botox injections work by using this drug to block certain signals from nerves that cause the muscles to contract.
Individuals can use Botox injections to treat:
- Frown lines
- Chronic migraines
- Lazy eye
- Overactive bladder
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Muscle Spasms
What to Expect Before Treatment
Before one’s Botox injections begin, a healthcare provider will ask a series of questions. Some questions will include inquiries about past experiences with Botox and if one is on blood thinners.
If one is on blood thinners, this medication may have to be stopped during the treatment period to avoid the risk of bleeding and bruising. Alcohol consumption should also be avoided for 24 hours in advance of receiving a Botox injection.
What to Expect After Treatment
After receiving Botox, one can return immediately back to their normal activities with a few exceptions. Check out the guidelines below:
- One should wait 24 hours to exercise
- Complete facial exercises like raising your eyebrows, smiling, and frowning (these actions can speed up the effects of Botox)
- Avoid makeup for 24 hours
- Avoid alcohol consumption for 24 hours since it can increase the chance of bruising
- Avoid massaging the treated area for 24 hours to avoid the toxins spreading to other areas
Contact Our Team!
For more information on cosmetic Botox injections, contact our team at Ava Laser Clinic and we would be happy to answer all of your questions and inquiries. You can reach our team at (64703732040 today!